Best Tips on Gray Hair Management : Sooner or later, we will get older. And as nature would have it, having gray hair is part of the process. Usually, the dreaded gray hairs set in later in life but for some people it can happen quite early.
If this is your case, don’t worry, you are not alone. Many younger people nowadays start growing gray hair even before they reach the age of 30.
Certain factors like lifestyle, stress and some environmental factors also contribute to the premature graying of the hair. Although gray hair is a part of getting old, not everyone is ready to accept losing their hair color.
For this reason, many people spend a big proportion of their money on hair products that may somehow prevent or hide their gray strands.
Coloring your gray hair is not the only option; dyeing your hair will require regular touch-ups which can cost a lot of money if you’re going to do this for a long time.
Also, this will require your hair to be exposed to chemicals which will damage your hair and scalp with continued use.
With the appearance of gray hair, you may consider this as an opportunity to have a makeover and change your style.
Here are some tips to help you manage your gray hair:
- Have a makeover. Gray hair can make you look old and drab if not taken care of and properly styled. There are many hairstyles that will make gray hair look great without making it a hassle to maintain. If you have fine hair, it’s best to keep it short. Skip using conditioner when you wash your hair as it can weigh hair down. For thick and coarse hair, using shampoo only once a week is recommended to prevent hair from becoming dry and brittle. Using a shampoo with shea butter will also keep hair moisturized.
- Enhance the gray color. You can have highlights or lowlights depending on your preference. Weaving in other shades can balance your grays and your hair’s natural color. This can also give your hair some depth. Most people who have dyed their hair in the past and would like to transition to gray prefer highlights as it won’t show you roots.
- Keep your hair healthy and shiny. Gray hair can be frizzy compared to your natural hair because it’s coarser and does not reflect light which is why gray hair usually appears dull. Try using shampoos that are made for gray hair.
- Go for hair treatments. You don’t have to visit the salon to have your gray hair treatment. Buying the right stuff at your local drugstore will do. Vitamin E oil is good for improving shine especially if your hair is dry and damaged. You can leave it overnight and let your hair soak it in for better results.
- Take a supplement for your hair. Essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin B help promote healthy hair and skin. This can also help your hair grow faster and your old hair color will grow out more quickly.
- Have your hair trimmed regularly. If you have dyed hair, trimming your hair will help you gradually lose the color because as your new hair grows out the color will move towards the ends. Plus, dyed hair can become dry after some time.
Advanced Guide and Techniques
Managing your gray hair the natural way is the best way to go, especially if you are young. A proven and tested method to manage your gray hair is the Gray Hair No More system.
This comprehensive system will teach you methods on how to reverse your gray hair back to its natural color.
From years of studying how the hair works and researching about ways to promote healthier hair, the Gray Hair No More system has come up with the solution to banish gray or white hair.
It is a natural method of getting your natural hair color back without using any harmful or expensive chemicals.
With just a one-time fee of $37, the Gray Hair No More system guarantees that you will no longer worry about your gray hair, and in turn, get your self-confidence back. It will also help you have youthful and fresh-looking skin.
Do you have other hair concerns like dandruff and hair loss? What’s great about the Gray Hair No More system is that the package includes several books that will help you manage other hair problems.
Not only that, there are also books about the latest fashion trends, the latest hairstyles, and other topics that will surely help you.
Reasons You Should be Talking About Dyed Gray Hair : What we see as gray, silver or white hair is actually hair with no color pigment in it. This is caused by a significant decrease or absence of the pigment producing cells called melanin which are responsible for hair’s natural color.
Aside from the natural process of ageing, other factors such as stress, poor diet and lifestyle contribute to when and why hair turns gray prematurely.
There are different ways to cover and dye gray hair. This will depend on one’s preference and reason. Nowadays, dyeing hair silver is more common.
Although silver is not a color that will suit everyone’s taste, there are reasons why a silver hue can be used to your advantage when you want to dye your graying hair. These are:
- With a silver dye, you can go back to growing your naturally gray hair without going through the awkward phase where you let your gray roots grow in after you have dyed your hair to a darker tone to conceal the gray.
- Dyeing gray hair with a silver hue can also brighten up the color of your hair since gray has the tendency to take on a brassy and dull color after some time.
- A gradual transitioning to your natural gray hair can be done by interspersing silver highlights to your natural gray hair. The silver highlights will help blend the grays better and will allow you to gradually transition to your natural hair color from a darker dye.
- A salt and pepper look for older men is a trend that gives them a more dignified and sophisticated look. Highlights of silver can be added to the sideburns for more depth.
If silver is not for you, there’s no need to worry; you can still dye your gray hair in different shades.
You may consider these options in dyeing your hair:
- Semi-permanent or Demi-permanent hair dye. For hair that is only 20 percent gray, a semi or demi-permanent dye may be enough to cover the gray areas. These hair products deposit color to your hair without the use of ammonia. However, for demi-permanent dye, there is a stronger concentration of hydrogen peroxide to open up the hair cuticle and let more color permeate. Thus, using a demi-permanent hair dye will let your color last longer than semi-permanent dyes that fade after six to twelve shampoos. In choosing a color, pick a shade closest to your natural hair color so the gray hair can blend away without having to use a stronger dye.
- Permanent hair dye. If you like to keep your gray hair covered for much longer, opting for a permanent dye may be more practical. With permanent dyes, ammonia is present to help the color penetrate deeper into the hair cuticles. This will ensure that the color will last until the time comes for your natural hair to grow in.
- Highlights and lowlights. These styles will help break the monotony of an all-over color. Hair appears fuller while problem areas are also kept covered. Colors that will flatter your hair will give the appearance of more dimension and lift.
A natural way to settle gray hair
Using chemical products is not the only way to fix gray hair. If you prefer to settle your gray hair as natural as possible, the Gray Hair No More system is for you.
This comprehensive system is proven to help you achieve your natural hair color without using expensive and harmful chemical products on your hair.
It features tried and tested methods to reverse the process of graying hair giving you a more youthful and healthy-looking hair. This system tackles concerns regarding the signs of aging, and bringing back a younger you.
Premature graying of hair can also affect one’s self-esteem, with the Gray Hair No More system, you will be helped in gaining your confidence back.
Other features of the Gray Hair No More system that you and your loved ones will find useful are self-help books that talk about:
- Caring for your hair. This book has topics that include organic hair care products and homemade hair care treatments. It also discusses common hair problems such as dandruff and other conditions.
- Trendy hairstyles. Gray hair or not, it’s always nice to keep your hairstyle and cut updated. Browse through different hairstyles and see which ones you’d like to try.
- Hair loss. This is a common concern for both men and women. The book will give you information to how and why hair loss occurs. With the right knowledge, you will know how to prevent, as well as cure, hair loss.
These are just some of the free books included in the package; with just a one-time fee of $37, you are guaranteed a natural system that has been proven to banish gray hair.