Most Proven and Tested Natural Remedies For Gray Hair : Gray hair can become a problem, especially if it starts showing up in your 20s. Although it is a natural process that everyone has to go through eventually, most people dread seeing gray because it is a fact that gray makes you look older.
The graying of hair, though, can be caused by other factors aside from ageing. A person’s genetic predisposition, diet, hormones, lifestyle, environmental exposure and stress are just some of what could cause premature graying of hair.
Basically, gray or white hair is a strand of hair with no pigment. The absence or decrease in the production of melanin, the cell responsible for hair pigment, causes the hair to lose its color.
There are many products out in the market to help you fight your graying hair. Most of these products will usually contain chemicals, such as ammonia or hydrogen peroxide, which are used in hair dyes and can damage your hair with continued use.
Although these are easy and effective ways to banish gray hair, the best option to combat gray hair is through the use of natural remedies which you can easily do at home.
Aside from being effective, natural home remedies are safer and more affordable than commercially used products.
Table of Contents
Here are some home remedies for your graying hair:
Curry leaves and coconut oil
Curry leaves are a staple in most Indian food, but did you know that your hair can benefit from them too? Curry leaves are effective in treating graying hair because they contain vitamin B that helps restore hair follicles as well as cells that produce your hair’s natural pigment. Coconut oil is also rich in essential nutrients and has long been used as a natural hair conditioner for bouncier and shinier hair.
- Boil 1 cup of coconut oil with a handful of curry leaves in it for 8 minutes or until the leaves turn black.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Remove the leaves and use the oil to massage your scalp.
- Leave it on overnight and rinse off with some herbal shampoo in the morning.
- Do this thrice a week.
This is one of the easiest ingredients to get because every kitchen has them. Onion contains the enzyme called catalase that helps break down the hair’s natural hydrogen peroxide.
- Peel one medium-sized onion and blend it into a puree like consistency.
- Strain the onion and squeeze the pulp to extract the juice.
- Rub the juice on your scalp and hair and leave on for an hour.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and shampoo.
- Do this three times a week for a month to naturally reduce the graying of hair.
Lemon Juice and Almond Oil
Almond oil is not only good for the skin but also for the hair. It’s rich in antioxidants and vitamin E. It nourishes the roots and improves the hair’s elasticity thus adding a healthy glow to one’s hair when used to massage the scalp. Lemon is high in vitamin B, vitamin C and phosphorus. It promotes natural hair growth and adds volume and shine to the hair.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of almond oil.
- Apply the solution liberally onto the hair and scalp.
- Leave on to soak for 30 minutes and rinse off with a mild or herbal shampoo.
Rosemary and Sage
These herbs are not only used in the kitchen but also for treating skin and hair conditions. Rosemary and sage promote growth of healthy hair and prevent hair loss. Rosemary improves the process of producing melanin thus graying of hair is prevented. Sage also prevents graying of hair as well as a being a natural remedy for cellulite.
- Boil 2 cups of water and add 1/2 cup of rosemary and 1/2 cup of sage.
- Boil for 30 minutes and let the mixture cool for 2 hours.
- Apply the mixture liberally onto the hair and scalp and leave on to dry.
- Wash and rinse with an herbal shampoo.
- For best results, repeat thrice a week.
For more natural and effective home remedies, try out the Gray Hair No More system. It is a natural and effective system that specializes in reversing gray or white hair.
It features proven methods on how to banish gray hair and stop the signs of premature aging so you can feel young again.
With a one-time fee of $37, you can have the Gray Hair No More system and use this in the comfort and privacy of your home. Bonus features included in the package are:
- Caring for your Hair. A book that talks about common hair-related problems and how to deal with them naturally. It also has topics that will help you take care of your hair properly.
- The Guide To Trendy Hairstyles. A very useful book if you like to stay up to date with current hair trends. It also has different hairstyles for you to make.
- The Hair Loss Cure. Find out what’s causing your hair loss and how to treat it.
- Summer Hair Care. Get ready to have great-looking hair during the dry, summer season. All the tips and techniques to help your hair get through the heat of summer are inside this book.
- The Clothing and Fashion Bible. Always look your best by knowing how to dress and style your clothes right.
- Secrets to Looking Younger. Radiant and beautiful skin is possible with easy-to-do home remedies.
- Anti-Ageing And Skin Care Made Easy. A guide to naturally flawless-looking skin.